What to Expect For Homework for 2nd Grade J
- You should see your child’s reading book in their backpack every night.
NOTE: I encourage you to practice the weekly story with your child every night in different ways for example:
*Adult reads to the child
*Adult & child take turns reading
*Child reads out loud
*Child reads independently
- Child will work on reading skill homework pages throughout the week, which will reinforce what was taught in class.
- Test will be on every Friday.
- Take an AR quiz every week over an AR book he or she has picked out and has practiced several times.Most of the reading stories are AR tests as well.
- A new spelling list will come home every Monday based from the weekly reading story.
- Spelling homework activity boxes will be more challenging each grading quarter.
- Test will be held every Friday over the spelling list.
- Child has the opportunity to receive Boyd Bucks on Challenge words if they spell them correctly. (Challenge words are simply an extra incentive and will not affect test score.)
Practice makes perfect!J
Suggestions in addition to “Spelling homework activity boxes” for EXTRA practice:
- Write words, echo words, practice test, hangman, and spelling out loud.
- We will ONLY do 1 subject at a time, starting with Social Studies.
- A few homework assignments for each unit will come home.
- There may be a project from time to time.
PLEASE CHECK your child’s folder for homework worksheets and notes regarding projects and due dates.
- Students who do not turn in homework will SNIP automatically.
(ONLY EXCEPTIONS: Student provides a written note by parents due to an emergency.)
- NO HOMEWORK ON FRIDAYS J
- Please empty your child’s folder each night.